Friday, July 15, 2011

A Must Read Guide for Anyone Who Does Marketing

When it comes to non fiction, I can't think of any topic that I prefer to read about than marketing. Marketing and business are two things that drive the world. Although marketing may not seem like a calling, it's really no different than teaching, ministry, government service, or a whole host of other occupations I could name. The name of the game in any occupation though is in helping people.

Personally, I prefer to educate my customers. I want to share valuable information with them. However, it's not really enough to educate your customer. You have to inspire them to feel the same passion you do about whatever you are marketing. Reach their emotions, and you have them.

In a rare glimpse at some of the most successful marketing campaigns in history, journalist David Kupelian takes you on a journey to show you how these campaigns succeeded.

I have to say that I'm impressed. The groups who constructed these campaigns were selling everything from "gay rights" to abortion, not topics that we in the mainstream marketing world would consider creating campaigns for. And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

Even better, Kupelian backs up his credentials with plenty of facts and figures that will really get you thinking. If you're a marketer reading this book, it will really get you thinking about how better to connect with your customers and reach them at their emotions, something an effective marketer will do. If you're a customer, this book will really get you thinking about whether or not you have been hypnotized by those who are trying to sell to you.

I won't lie to you. The information contained in this book is controversial because it will upset those who don't agree. That's why I didn't reveal any of the information about specific campaigns. You will just have to see for yourself. What I will say is that the material is not only well documented but well explained and the writing is very engaging. This book really was hard for me to put down.

It's funny how sometimes we feel better and superior to others when we've read something this educational and controversial and generally reinforces our belief system. I didn't feel that way. I walked away from this book knowing that I wasn't crazy. Not only has marketing changed, and so have the ways we have learned to do it, but the whole world has changed.

If you're looking for a different perspective on marketing, then I highly recommend reading this book. Similar to case studies, you'll have plenty to study, and you'll understand marketing in ways that it's not normally taught. In fact, this book is recommended for anyone who really wants to educate themselves on how powerful marketing really is.

On a scale of one to 10, this book rates an 11. It's definitely worth reading.

The Marketing of Evil

How Radicals, Elitists, and Pseudo-Experts Sell Us Corruption Disguised as Freedom

David Kupelian

Like this review? Then check out my internet marketing blog Internet Marketing for Free, and my personal blog 101 Christian and the Science of Getting Rich. You'll get 1000s of dollars in free marketing ebooks, as well as a free copy of "The Science of Getting Rich."


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment